Tomato and onion chutney
This sauce of onion tomato is a variety of South Indian sauce. For the first time I had eaten this sauce in a vegetarian South Indian restaurant in Paris, France’s capital, and I liked it very much. After that, I made the chutney at home. This sauce, made from roasted onions and tomatoes, is served with dosa, idli, uttapam, apple, and plain rice, etc. and looks very tasty. In this chutney, onions and tomatoes are roasted in the early morning of rye and curry leaves. I also add ginger and green chillies to taste in it. So you also create this delicious sauce and write your suggestions as always. Tomato And Onion Chutney.
(For 1½ cups sauce)
2 medium onions
2 medium tomatoes
1 green chilli
½ inch ginger piece
2 teaspoon oil
6-8 Curry leaves
1 dry standing red chilli
½ teaspoon gram dal
½ teaspoon urad dal
¼ tsp Good Brown Sugar
½ teaspoon salt/ flavour
Recipe: for Tomato and onion chutney
- Peel the onion and peel it, then cut it into pieces of one inch.
- Wash tomatoes and cut them into pieces of one inch.
- Wash ginger paste and wash it, and then cut the ginger finely. Wash chilli by removing the stem of green chillies.
- Heat oil in a small stiff / pan. When the oil becomes hot, add mustard/mustard to it and then curry leaves, dry red chillies, urad dal, and gram dal. Fry until pulse becomes pink
- Now add chopped onion, ginger and green chillies and fry the onions for 3-4 minutes. In this method, the onion is not golden.
- Now add tomatoes and roast on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add salt and jaggery in it. Mix all ingredients well and then turn off the heat. Let the content of this sauce cool down.
- Now mix this tomato and onion grind with a thick but smooth grind in the grinder. This sauce looks a bit more delicious, so do not grind it very thin.
- Take the sauce in the serving dish.
For Serve Tomato Sauce
Tasty onion is ready to serve tomato sauce. You can serve this tasty onion tomato sauce with dosa, uttapam, vada or any of your favourite rice.
- You can increase and decrease the amount of chilli according to taste.
- Insert a little bit of this sauce, it seems tastier.
- The taste of this chutney increases with ginger so be sure to add a little ginger.
Thanks For Reading Here Also Read More – How to Make AnOmelettee